Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A year gone....A new one begins...

It only seems like yesterday that I gave birth to my sweet baby boy, Chase. It is hard to believe that Saturday, Feb 21st, He will be a year old. We have had so much joy in the passing of the first year and we look forward to many more joyful years. I have watched him grow and change. I have watched him triumph in rolling over, sitting up, crawling and now walking. He has learned several words, mimicks peoples faces and is ready to give kisses. It is amazing to me how I already miss his babyness(if that is a word). I have seen him change also in appetite. He loves his food. He isn't afraid to eat new things at all. I am so very proud. How dearly I love him.

Another year has passed for my daughter, Ashley, who will be 17 years in April. It is so very hard to believe that my beautiful daughter has become a beautiful young woman. She is so amazing. She has an amazing voice and sings wonderfully. She has made great strides in her school work and is doing well. She is triumphing over emotions and feelings that can so easily take over. I see her learning to deal with life and learning to make mature decisions. The future for her holds no bounds. What excellent opportunities await her. The hardest part for me will be letting go slowly. She has always been my angel baby. She and I have been through a lot together. She has been a sweet gift in helping me through! I love her so dearly and am very proud of her. I am proud of her every accomplishment. I am just proud.

Another year has passed for Chad and I. We have been married going on 16 years. It seems like only yesterday that we were married. I love him with all my heart. He has been a strength to me that only God himself has placed in my life for me. He has been and is an encourager to me. He supports me and makes me feel safe. He gives me comfort and tries to understand me. He shows me his love in so many simple ways that never go unnoticed. We have had such wonderful times. We have also had such hard trials and yet through God's grace, we have made it through. We love each other more and stronger. I am so very proud of Chad and I dearly love him. I thank God for him.

I trust God with my family. He has carried us through this past year. I trust that He will carry us through many more years to come. I will stand in awe of the Lord and give Him thanks and praise. Blessed be your name!

James 1:17 King James Version
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

No comments: