Saturday, April 25, 2009

But by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of GOD

Mathew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

One morning I was reading my Bible and began reading where Jesus was tempted in the wilderness. This one scripture jumped out at me like a ton of bricks. IT IS WRITTEN! Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Jesus himself said it. This is the word of the Lord. IT IS WRITTEN...This is the word of GOD himself. After all didn't God SPEAK things into being? Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 ¶ And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. We go on to read in Genesis everything God said to exist and it did! God's word is so powerful and gives life. Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. You see, God knew that man would have great need. We need food, shelter, water and clothing, basic needs of life for physical exixtance but he said this was not all man needed. We shouldn't just live with the basics of life but we should live by every word that proceeds out of HIS MOUTH. To each of us God has given us a gift to share for bringing others to know Christ to have relationship with God the Father, to exhort the body of Christ, to teach others how to live as Christ would have us to. Romans 12:3-6 3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; I believe that God equips us for LIVING, not just for the physical but also for the spiritual. Our lives are not our own. When we try to live to exist on physical basic needs we are missing the Word of the Lord for our lives. The word that proceeds out of the very mouth of God to LIVE. You see, My family has come through a great and terrible battle. By no strength of our own did we survive. God has a purpose and plan for each of our lives and when we step out of that purpose and plan and try to do our own we are grasping for the FLESH needs and failing miserably. If we are living by GOD's WORD then we are being prepared to fight off the wards of Satan. Isn't it much better to live as God purposes us? If God could speak the world and everything into existance, then why do we have trouble believing that he has spoken a purpose and a plan for each of us? I am asking for myself. Our eyes and body are of the flesh and we see more fleshy wants and needs in this life that it is so easy to lose sight of God's purpose and plan. We get caught up in our troubles and forget where our strength and source is. I want to live the word that proceeds out of God's mouth for my life. I believe with all of my heart that because we trusted God during the biggest hurricane of our life through prayer, claiming God's word and just standing when we could do nothing else (because that is God's word to do these things!!!) that God in His mercy brought us through!. I am beginning to see such a huge turnaround. I want to continue in this. That means I have to set aside my human reasoning, understanding and not stand in the puny strength of my own hands. My life was not meant to be lived for existing. It was meant to be lived to accomplish God's will and purpose to bring glory unto him. This can only happen if I live my life by the Word which has proceedeth out of the mouth of God...Have you read your Bible today???

No comments: