Friday, July 9, 2010

Favorite childhood memory

We went to visit Ashley the other night. We started to talk about childhood memories. I asked her what was her favorite childhood memory. She just shrugged her sholders and that was the end of it. Two days later, I was sitting at work and I received an email from Ashley. Apparently she had been thinking about it. Here is her email below. IT MADE ME CRY. I feel loved.

I thought about it, and my best memory isn’t just one. It’s many. It’s the fact of waking up, and always knowing that you would be there to help me make my new adventure for my day. It was knowing that you would always kiss my cuts and boo boos. Knowing that you would take care of me, and having complete child like faith in you. My favorite part of being little was having you as a best friend to play barbies, house, Mary and Sarah, playdough, puzzles, movies, hide and seek, the park, lake, and whatever else we could come up with to do. Knowing that you would pick me up from school, and start making dinner.

Sneaking me out of bed to the back room to watch a lifetime movie I really had to see, when dad was asleep. Having lullabies sung to me when I couldn’t sleep. Going to mother neff pretending to be Indians. Going to grandma’s to swim, and eat Mexican food. Going on mommy daughter dates where it was just you and me. Eating chocolate pudding while watch PJ sparkles. Making you watch me react PJ sparkles for you. Making you watch all my dances that I made up. Making you do just about everything that needed an audience.

Playing Miss Boss Mama. Trying to get the ball away from Shorty. Taking Shorty for rides in the car. Having you there to calm me down when shorty go hit by the bus. I remember when I looked all over the house because you promised that if I found a dollar you would take me to the lake. And then when I did, you had to keep your promise. Playing Mermaids. You listening to my pointless chatter.

When we would play the “would you love me if I was” game. Going to church, and getting dressed in my dressed and big girl shoes. Going to Kiddieland. Whenever we would go to the doctor and I would get a shot, you would tell me you would beat up the nurse or get Grandma to sick them. Our trips with me you and Grandma to Mathis. How we made fun of how many dogs grandma would get each time she got a new one. How you would get crunk on teachers if they messed with your baby girl. How we would hide in the closet or pretend to be asleep when daddy came home from work.

You went to all of my school recitals. You never missed on. You ordered every school picture, yearbook, and phone directory. My first and last slumber party was all up to you to host. The first time you introduce me to silly puddy. How we always used to go to the Corner Store and got candy after school. When we got pickles, we both agreed speegleville store had the best, and I always had to measure the pickles to get the biggest one.

I remember a lot about my child hood. I miss it, and I miss the fun we used to have when I was little.

I love you

Ashley Hill

Premier Solutions Division

No comments: