Thursday, January 21, 2010

Staying home...

My son, Chase, has been sick with an upper respiratory infection. I am sure he caught it from daycare. Some of the kids in his class had already been diagnosed and even one with RSV. I decided that Chase needed a doctor visit and a little R&R with mom. He had been running fever and the daycare rules..NO FEVER FOR 24 HOURS...A good rule, so it left me with the opportunity of staying home with him for the day. I have to tell you! I LOVED IT. This is something I wish I could do permanently and still be able to afford our bills. Chase and I had the best time. We played with his puzzles NUMEROUS times throughout the day. We played with his toys, watched a preschool channel and it was so nice and warm, I even got to take him outside TWICE..once in mid morning and then after his nap in the afternoon! Did I mention that I was able to take a nap too?! I was able to wash and fold laundry, sweep my floors, do the dishes, and make supper EARLY. Grant it, I think I cleaned the living room three times picking up toys and Chase did it twice himself. After the third time, I deemed it hopless until bed time. I even gave Chase a bath after playing outside the second time. IT WAS MARVELOUS. I moved more at home than I do at work. My job is a demanding sit down job and I must say I TRULY FEEL TIRED tonight. Not just mentally but PHYSICALLY. I absolutely loved staying home. Now I just pray to win the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes so I can stay home!!

No comments: