Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sometimes feathers, sometimes chickens...

We have all had those days where it seems like nothing we do makes a difference or nothing really seems to be going right. It isn't that we aren't trying, it's just that nothing is coming together enough to give us the satisfaction of accomplishment. These are my "sometimes feathers" days. This is where I lack the chickens. SURE all of us would love to be able to catch the chickens and have a nice hearty meal! We love the meat (pride) that seems to give us our fill and yes full we do feel! But on days where we lack sustenance and all we get are the feathers, these are the days that I find that I must really trust God and lean on His understanding and not my own. The arguement would be, BUT I HAVE TO EAT, Look at all the chickens I've caught today...meaning you had a really great day and acomplished much and you want your reward!!! Yet didn't Jesus say that Man should not live by bread alone but by every Word that proceeds out of the mouth of God?!(Mathew 4:4) I know I am not talking about REAL food but about real life situations and spiritual growth. Somedays we don't know what direction we are going! Other days we amaze others of how much we have accomplished and are praised for those accomplishments! Our pride grows but not our spirit man. BUT... We don't always need the chickens, because we have God's word to sustain us. If we had our chickens every day, we would never know His word for our lives. His word for our lives is so much more fulfilling than the fleshy chickens that we think we catch on our own. (We wouldn't catch them at all if not for God's grace) The feather days gives us the opportunity to depend upon God. Living our life by the Words that proceed out of the mouth of God is much more fulfilling than the chicken days where we gloat in our own pride. The Bible says in Psalms 12:6 The words of the LORD are pure words; As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, refined seven times. I would much rather have my life following the path that God's words have spoken to me because I know it is truth. God's words are truth and Pure and if I am suppose to live my life by the Pure words that proceeds out of the mouth of God, then I will take my feather days and rejoice!

No comments: